> On 14 May 2019, at 22:06, Nicolas Ecarnot <nico...@ecarnot.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Nir, hi Sandvik,
>
> As I saw this issue lots of times and as I'm using thin prov. + block
> storage, I feel concerned.
> Read my question below.
>
> Le 02/10/2016 à 12:55, Nir Soffer a écrit :
>> On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Sandvik Agustin
>> <agustinsand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi users,
>>>
>>> I have this problem that sometimes 1 to 3 VM just automatically paused with
>>> user interaction and getting this error "VM has paused due to no storage
>>> space error". any inputs from you guys are very appreciated.
>> This is expected - when there is no storage space :-)
>>
>> The vm is paused when there are some io pending io requests that
>> could not be fulfilled since you don't have enough space.
>>
>> In a real machine the io requests would fail. In a vm, the vm can pause,
>> you can fix the issue (extend the storage domain), and resume the vm.
>>
>> But I guess there is storage space available, otherwise you would
>> not spend the time sending this mail.
>>
>> This can happen when using thin provisioned disks on block storage
>> (iSCSI, FC). We provision such disk with 1G, and and extend the disk
>> (add 1G) when it becomes too full (by default, free space < 0.5G).
>>
>> If we fail to extend the disk quick enough,
>

> "quick enough" -> Is there some place where this threshold can be configured?

vdsm.conf

        ('volume_utilization_percent', '50',
            'Together with volume_utilization_chunk_mb, set the minimal free '
            'space before a thin provisioned block volume is extended. Use '
            'lower values to extend earlier.'),

        ('volume_utilization_chunk_mb', '1024',
            'Size of extension chunk in megabytes, and together with '
            'volume_utilization_percent, set the free space limit. Use higher '
            'values to extend in bigger chunks.’),

HTH,
michal