On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 11:57 PM <adrianquint...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have an issue while trying to upload disk images thru the Web UI.
> "Connection to ovirt-imageio-proxy service has failed. Make sure the
> service is installed, configured, and ovirt-engine certificate is
> registered as a valid CA in the browser."
>
> My ovirt engine's fqdn is ovirt-engine.mydomain.com however due to
> network restrictions I had to set rules in order to reach our ovirt-engine
> ovirt-engine.mydomain.com = 192.168.0.45
>
> For example ovirt-engine.mydomain.otherstuff.com - 192.168.10.109:80,
> 192.168.10.109:443, 192.168.0.45:80
> So as you can see I need to hit the ovirt-engine using
> ovirt-engine.mydomain.otherstuff.com which I am able to by modifyting the
> 11-setup-sso.conf file and adding "SSO_ENGINE_URL="
> https://ovirt-engine.mydomain.otherstuff.com:443/ovirt-engine/";
>
> I am able to upload disk images when using
> http://ovirt-engine.mydomain.com  but not able to
> http://ovirt-engine.mydomain.otherstuff.com
> I know it might be related to the certificates but I need to be able to
> upload disk images using both URLs.
>
> any ideas?

Hi,

While it doesn't address your issue directly, you may want to use
muCommander for this - a demo is available in [1].
Note that this is not part of the oVirt project and still under development
but the upload functionality works well, without needing to mess with
credentials in the browser and it also supports uploading ISO files to data
domains (as ISO images). muCommander is not packaged yet with this plugin
for oVirt, so if you're interested in that you'll need to clone the code
from [2] and build it as shown in [1] (All you need is git and the Java
compiler installed. Note it's cross-platform).

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJSTjixYOnU
[2] g...@github.com:mucommander/mucommander.git