On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 6:34 PM Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 5:26 PM Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 3:54 PM <vrk5...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello
>>> Did anyone managed to install oVirt on RHEL8?
>>> If so, Can you please guide me?
>>> I'm trying to install but it throws an error as "Failed to synchronize
>>> repo for ovirt-*".
>>> Please help me.
>>>

>> RHEL 8 system python is python 3.6, and oVirt is not ready yet for python
>> 3.
>>
>> We hope to complete python 3 support in oVirt 4.4.
>>
>> Nir
>>

> Actually in RHEL 8 you have no default python and you can choose between
> 2.7 or 3.6
>
> https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2019/05/07/what-no-python-in-red-hat-enterprise-linux-8/

But this is short term support, unlike the system python (python 3.6) which
will be supported
for many years.

But probably it makes sense to combine shift to RHEL 8 in oVirt with python
> 3 for longer term support

It may be possible to make oVirt work on RHEL 8 using python 2.7, but we
are working on
the long term solution.

Nir