Il 26/06/2019 11:57, Yedidyah Bar David ha scritto:
On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 8:37 PM Stefano Danzi <s.da...@hawai.it> wrote:
Il 25/06/2019 14:26, Stefano Danzi ha scritto:
I don't remember to ever seen a question about this during
engine-setup,
but it could be.
In /etc/pki/vdsm/certs/ I can see an old cert and ca with subjet:

[root@ovirt01 ~]# su - vdsm -s /bin/bash -c 'openssl x509 -in
/etc/pki/vdsm/certs/cacert.pem.20150205093608 -text'
Certificate:
           Version: 3 (0x2)
           Serial Number: 1423056193 (0x54d21d41)
       Signature Algorithm: sha256WithRSAEncryption
           Issuer: CN=VDSM Certificate Authority
           Validity
               Not Before: Feb  4 13:23:13 2015 GMT
               Not After : Feb  4 13:23:13 2016 GMT
           Subject: CN=VDSM Certificate Authority
           Subject Public Key Info:

[CUT]

[root@ovirt01 ~]# su - vdsm -s /bin/bash -c 'openssl x509 -in
/etc/pki/vdsm/certs/vdsmcert.pem.20150205093609 -text'
Certificate:
           Version: 3 (0x2)
           Serial Number: 1423056193 (0x54d21d41)
       Signature Algorithm: sha256WithRSAEncryption
           Issuer: CN=VDSM Certificate Authority
           Validity
               Not Before: Feb  4 13:23:13 2015 GMT
               Not After : Feb  4 13:23:13 2016 GMT
           Subject: CN=ovirt01.hawai.lan, O=VDSM Certificate
           Subject Public Key Info:
               Public Key Algorithm: rsaEncryption

I think that was certs made during first hosted engine installation.
Could it work if I manually create certs like this?
Just to start libvirtd, vdsm and hosted-engine.
I think it's worth a try. Just create a self-signed CA, a keypair
signed by it, and place them correctly, should work.

The engine won't be able to talk with the host, but you can then more
easily reinstall/re-enroll-certs.

Good luck,
This workaround works!
I have hosted engine running!

So I have to find how reinstall/re-enroll-certs on host. From engine
UI host status is "NonResponsive" and I can't do nothing....
now Host status is "Unassiged".  Engine can't reach host for "General
SSLEngine problem" and It's ok because certs are "home made".
I can't switch host to maintenance because it's not operational.
I can't enroll certificate because is not in maintenance status.
You can try to remove it. I think we do not support "force-remove"
despite being asked about this occasionally, because
generally-speaking, this is very unsafe. If you insist, you can try
using the sql function DeleteVds to delete it from the database.

hou I can enroll host cert manually?
You can try following what I wrote in "2. Try to manually fix" before.
Create a CSR on the host (with whatever private key you want), copy it
to engine, pki-enroll-request, copy the cert to host.

Good luck and best regards,

I've just solved using  pki-enroll-request as you told me. Thanks!!
This upgrade was very very hard!!