On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 1:03 PM <dan.poltaw...@tnp.net.uk> wrote:

> I'm testing out the managed storage to connect to ceph and I have a few
> questions:

* Would I be correct in assuming that the hosted engine VM needs
> connectivity to the storage and not just the underlying hosts themselves?
> It seems like the cinderlib client runs from the engine?

Yes, this is correct

> * Does the ceph config and keyring need to replicated onto each
> hypervisor/host?

No, see[1], the keyring and ceph config can be present only on the engine
machine

> * I have managed to do one block operation so far (i've created a volume
> which is visible on the ceph side), but multiple other operations have
> failed and are 'running' in the engine task list. Is there any way I can
> increase debugging to see whats happening?

Can you provide logs? mainly engine.log and cinderlib.log
(/var/log/ovirt-engine/cinderlib/cinderlib.log
[1] -
https://ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/storage/cinderlib-integration.html