On Sat, Jul 13, 2019, 00:30 Erick Perez <epe...@quadrianweb.com> wrote:

> I have read the archives and the most recent discussion was 5 years ago.
> So I better ask again.
> My NAS runs Centos with NFS4.2 (and I am testing Ganesha in another server)
> Does Ovirt 4.3.4 have support for NFS 4/4.1/4.2 or pNFS

We support NFS 4.2 for a while (4.2 or 4.3), but the default is still auto
(typically NFS 3).

Specially version 4.2 due to:
> Server-Side Copy: NFSv4.2 supports copy_file_range() system call, which
> allows the NFS client to efficiently copy data without wasting network
> resources.

qemu support copy_file_range since RHEL 7.6, but I think it has some issues
and does not perform well, and we don't enable this mode yet.

What work with NFS 4.2 is sparseness and fallocate support, speeding
copy/move/clone/upload of spares disks.

For example creating 100g preallocated image would take less than a second.

> But this will only happen if the Ovirt (which I know is Centos based)
> supports NFS 4.2.
> Not sure If I update the NFS toolset on the Ovirt install, it will break
> something or worst.

It should work and much better.

Nir