Hi Lucie,

so I installed the latest 4.3.5 RC on my platform and I still have the same issue.
Only system or cluster permissions are inherited.

Best regards
Christoph

Am 24.07.19 um 11:26 schrieb Timmi:
Hi Lucie,

thank you for the reply.

Am 24.07.19 um 08:21 schrieb Lucie Leistnerova:
Hi Christoph,

On 7/22/19 2:28 PM, Timmi wrote:
Hi oVirt List,

I have just a quick question if I should open a ticket for this or if I'm doing something wrong.

I created a new VM template with specific permissions in addition to the system wide permissions. If I create a new VM with the template I notices that only system permissions are copied to the permission of the new VM.

Is this the intended behavior? I was somehow under the impression that the permission from the template should have been copied to the newly created VM.

Did you check by creating the VM that permissions should be copied?
I have activated the copy of the permission while creating the template from an existing VM. Also I have checked the permission on the template afterwards an I can see that the permissions are correct. But these permissions are not copied to the new VM created from the template.

I've tested ovirt 4.3.5 and I added UserRole and custom role to the template for test user. Newly created VM contained both of the roles for the user. Is this the case you mean?

OK I will update to the latest RC from 4.3.5 and check again.
Keep you posted.

Tested with Version 4.3.4.3-1.el7

Best regards
Christoph