On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 3:41 PM Martin Perina <mper...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 10:25 AM Sandro Bonazzola <sbona...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Il giorno mar 6 ago 2019 alle ore 23:17 Jayme <jay...@gmail.com> ha
>> scritto:
>>
>>> I’m aware of the heal process but it’s unclear to me if the update
>>> continues to run while the volumes are healing and resumes when they are
>>> done. There doesn’t seem to be any indication in the ui (unless I’m
>>> mistaken)
>>>

>> Adding @Martin Perina <mper...@redhat.com> , @Sahina Bose
>> <sab...@redhat.com>   and @Laura Wright <lwri...@redhat.com>  on this,
>> hyperconverged deployments using cluster upgrade command would probably
>> need some improvement.
>>

> The cluster upgrade process continues to the 2nd host after the 1st host
> becomes Up. If 2nd host then fails to switch to maintenance, we stop the
> upgrade process to prevent breakage.
> Sahina, is gluster healing process status exposed in RESTAPI? If so, does
> it makes sense to wait for healing to be finished before trying to move
> next host to maintenance? Or any other ideas how to improve?

I need to cross-check this, if we expose the heal count in the gluster
bricks. Moving a host to maintenance does check if there are pending heal
entries or possibility of quorum loss. And this would prevent the
additional hosts to upgrade.
+Gobinda Das <go...@redhat.com> +Sachidananda URS <s...@redhat.com>