On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 3:54 PM Mikael Öhman <micket...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps it will help future sysadmins will learn from my mistake.
> I also saw very poor upload speeds (~30MB/s) no matter what I tried. I
> went through the whole route with unix-sockets and whatnot.
>
> But, in the end, it just turned out that the glusterfs itself was the
> bottleneck; abysmal performance for small block sizes.

What do you mean by "small block sizes"?

I found the list of suggested performance tweaks that RHEL suggests. In
> particular, it was the "network.remote-dio=on" setting that made all the
> difference. Almost 10x faster.

Note that network.remote-dio is not the recommended configuration
for ovirt, in particular if on hyperconverge setup when it can be harmful
by delaying sanlock I/O.

https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-site/blob/4a9b28aac48870343c5ea4d1e83a63c10a1cbfa2/source/documentation/admin-guide/chap-Working_with_Gluster_Storage.md#options-set-on-gluster-storage-volumes-to-store-virtual-machine-images
(Patch in discussion)

Nir