Il giorno ven 27 set 2019 alle ore 12:15 Gianluca Cecchi <
gianluca.cec...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 5:23 PM Sandro Bonazzola <sbona...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>

>>> Does this mean that CentOS 7.6 is not supported any more starting from
>>> 4.3.6?
>>> Due to the fact that eg 4.3.5 was only supported on CentOS < 7.7 how
>>> should it be the correct flow of updating OS and oVirt versions in this
>>> case? Both for plain CentOS hosts and engine...
>>>

>> 4.3.5 will work with CentOS 7.7 too.
>>
>> https://lists.ovirt.org/archives/list/annou...@ovirt.org/thread/DJF37K7TQFTR346JPJ54YNLY5X6NY2EF/
>> says 7.6 or later but < 8
>>

> Sure, but at date of announce of oVirt 4.3.5 (30/07), CentOS 7.7 was not
> available yet (17/09)... so that phrase was a bit speculation... ;-)
>
> In my case I currently have both my separate server engine and 3 plain
> hosts in CentOS 7.6 + 4.3.5
> What would it be the workflow?
> Did you test this scenario, that I think will be very common with users
> that upgrades often (eg in their test env)?
>
> engine
> 1) yum update to update OS
> I think versionlock plugin of oVirt will prevent update of its core parts,
> correct?

correct, version lock will prevent core oVirt packages to be updated.

> I see many ovirt related packages put in. See here:
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IvvwfJGgzdn6qkrI7d-WBAShRxUTdC1g/view?usp=sharing
>
> versionlock prevented:
>
> [g.cecchi@ovmgr1 ~]$ sudo yum versionlock status
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, versionlock
> Repository centos-sclo-rh-release is listed more than once in the
> configuration
>  * base: centos.mirror.garr.it
>  * epel-util: epel.besthosting.ua
>  * extras: centos.mirror.garr.it
>  * ovirt-4.3: ftp.nluug.nl
>  * ovirt-4.3-epel: epel.besthosting.ua
>  * updates: centos.mirror.garr.it
> 0:ovirt-engine-webadmin-portal-4.3.6.6-1.el7.*
> 0:ovirt-engine-ui-extensions-1.0.10-1.el7.*
> 0:ovirt-engine-dwh-4.3.6-1.el7.*
> 0:ovirt-engine-tools-backup-4.3.6.6-1.el7.*
> 0:ovirt-engine-restapi-4.3.6.6-1.el7.*
> 0:ovirt-engine-dbscripts-4.3.6.6-1.el7.*
> 0:ovirt-engine-4.3.6.6-1.el7.*
> 0:ovirt-engine-backend-4.3.6.6-1.el7.*
> 0:ovirt-engine-wildfly-17.0.1-1.el7.*
> 0:ovirt-engine-wildfly-overlay-17.0.1-1.el7.*
> 0:ovirt-engine-tools-4.3.6.6-1.el7.*
> versionlock status done
> [g.cecchi@ovmgr1 ~]$
>
> 2) reboot
>
> 3) update oVirt
> NOTE: probably non need d update setup packages, because put in in
> previous update phase, correct?

correct, setup packages will be updated in previous loop, just run
engine-setup here

> 4) eventually yum update again to see if any packages due to new repo conf

shouldn't be needed but no harm in doing it.

> 5) reboot of engine

engine will be already restarted by engine-setup. If there are no new
updates at kernel level no need to reboot again.

> hosts
> 6) put into maintenance
> 7) simply yum update that will update CentOS packages + oVirt ones (vdsm
> and such..)

Please use the engine to upgrade hosts, there's a command in webadmin
interface for that.

It's *a bit* outdated, but still valid:
https://ovirt.org/documentation/upgrade-guide/upgrade-guide.html

--

Sandro Bonazzola

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA R&D RHV

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbona...@redhat.com
<https://www.redhat.com/>*Red Hat respects your work life balance.
Therefore there is no need to answer this email out of your office hours.
<https://mojo.redhat.com/docs/DOC-1199578>*