jvdw...@xs4all.nl writes:

>> Yes, it's still available. It will be dropped in 4.4.
>
> OK, good to know, time to polish up my ansible or start writing api scripts.
>
> Now that 4.4 popped up, how is that going?
> I looked a bit at the Gerrit yesterday and right now and see that el8
> builds are being done now, great work!

Yeah.  I've got a startup script that I use to start all my VMs (see
below).  I'll need to figure out how to migrate that script to SDK4.
It really sucks that there's no SDK4 version of ovirt-shell.  I suspect
my script will expand by an order of magnitude, and everyone who has
written a script around ovirt-shell will have to duplicate effort.

I know there is a feature for the engine to autostart VMs (which I
believe will be in 4.4), but AFAIK it doesn't do ordering.  I need at
least one specific VM to start up before everything else.

Thanks,

-derek

#!/bin/bash

[ -f /etc/sysconfig/vm_list ] || exit 0
. /etc/sysconfig/vm_list

echo -n "Starting at "
date

# Wait for the engine to respond
while [ `ovirt-shell -I -c -F -T 50 -E ping 2>/dev/null | grep -c success` != 1
]
do
    echo "Not ready... Sleeping..."
    sleep 60
done

# Now wait for the storage domain to appear active
echo -n "Engine up.  Searching for disks at "
date
total_disks=`ovirt-shell -I -c -E summary | grep storage_domains-total | sed -e
's/.*: //'`
# subtract one because we know we're not using the image-repository
total_disks=`expr $total_disks - 1`
active_disks=`ovirt-shell -I -c -E summary | grep storage_domains-active | sed
-e 's/.*: //'`
while [ $active_disks -lt $total_disks ]
do
    echo "Storage Domains not active yet.  Only found
$active_disks/$total_disks.  Waiting..."
    sleep 60
    active_disks=`ovirt-shell -I -c -E summary | grep storage_domains-active |
sed -e 's/.*: //'`
done

# Now start all of the VMs in the requested order.
echo -n "All storage mounted.  Starting VMs at "
date
for vm in "${vm_list[@]}"
do
  timeout=${vm_timeout[$vm]:-$default_timeout}
  ovirt-shell -I -c -E "action vm $vm start"
  sleep "$timeout"
done

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       de...@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com