On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 10:13 AM ada per <adap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you please share the /var/log/openvswitch/ovn-controller.log from the
> host?
> If you configure a subnet on the network, gets the VM an IP address?
>

>                the  /var/log/openvswitch/ovn-controller.log  its actually
> empty.  So Iam Attaching yesterdays log (it wasn’t connecting but after
> removing and reinstalling the hosts it connects)
>
>                 Even with specifying a subnet still no IPs.
>

>          btw the openvswitch is active
>
>              openvswitch.service - Open vSwitch
>
>               Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/openvswitch.service;
> enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
>
>                Active: active (exited) since Tue 2019-10-08 16:02:12 EEST;
> 18h ago
>

>   You upgraded from which version ?
>
>         Upgraded from 4 .3.4 to 4.3.6.7-1.el7 it currently runs openvswitch
> 2.10.1

I find it strange that you weren't prompted to update ovs to
openvswitch-2.11.0-4.el7 , which is the currently tagged version for
ovirt-4.3 and master.

If you do yum update openvswitch, doesn't it spot the update possibility ?

> >> I have another environment running on a previous version of ovirt and it
> >> works perfectly there. I think its a bug.
>
> Which version of ovirt is being run on that environment ? What's the
> openvswitch / openvswitch-ovn-central version running on that env ?
>
>             Ovirt Version 4.3.4.3-1.el7
>

>            Openvswitch 2.10.1  ( so both environments run the same version of
> openvswitch)
>

>   Thinking a couple steps ahead, knowing the list of registered chassis
> could be useful. Please also tell us the output of the command (run it
> on your engine node):
>   $ ovn-sbctl list chassis
>

>       # ovn-sbctl list chassis
>
> net_mlx5: cannot load glue library: libibverbs.so.1: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>
> net_mlx5: cannot initialize PMD due to missing run-time dependency on
> rdma-core libraries (libibverbs, libmlx5)
>
> PMD: net_mlx4: cannot load glue library: libibverbs.so.1: cannot open shared
> obj ect file: No such file or directory
>
> PMD: net_mlx4: cannot initialize PMD due to missing run-time dependency on
> rdma-core libraries (libibverbs, libmlx4)

Sorry for the ugly logged errors; they're just noise.

Despite that, the absence of registered chassis is quite surely why
your environment is misbehaving - it looks like the ovirt update
messed up the previous config.

Could you follow the instructions at [0] to re-configure OVN ? After
the playbook finishes, please re-check your chassis table (ovn-sbctl
list chassis). You should find exactly one entry per ovirt-node.

[0] -
https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/admin-guide/chap-External_Providers.html#configuring-hosts-for-an-ovn-tunnel-network