On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 6:04 AM Strahil <hunter86...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> You can always check the *queue_if_no_path*  multipath.conf option and
> give it a try.

This setting would be at host side, where things are ok to put a timeout of
X seconds using entries such as

devices {
    device {
        all_devs                yes
# Set timeout of queuing of 5*28 = 140 seconds
# similar to vSphere APD timeout
#        no_path_retry           fail
        no_path_retry           28
        polling_interval            5
    }

> Don't forget that the higher  in I/O chain you go - the higher the timeout
> is needed, so your VM should also use multipath with that option, in
> addition to the host.
>

> Yes, in fact at guest side I put a udev rule

ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEMS=="scsi", ATTRS{vendor}=="QEMU*",
ATTRS{model}=="QEMU HARDDISK*", ENV{DEVTYPE}=="disk", RUN+="/bin/sh -c
'echo 180 > /sys$DEVPATH/device/timeout'"

so that guest disk timeout is more than host storage.
Any other settings?
Gianluca