From: Gal Zaidman <gzaid...@redhat.com>
Date: Tuesday, 3 December 2019 at 6:44 PM
To: Vijay Sachdeva <vijay.sachd...@indiqus.com>, <users@ovirt.org>
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] Windows VirtIO drivers

Going back to the user list, just in case it will be relevant to others

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 3:02 PM Vijay Sachdeva <vijay.sachd...@indiqus.com>
wrote:

Hi Gal,

Thank you so much for replying, can you please a steps to do that. Right now
what I am doing is:

Installed Windows 2016 using IDE interface, but performance is very bad and it’
really hard to install any further .exe into it.

I never used the IDE interface so I can't say from personal experience, but I
don't think that should be the behavior, please open a bug on that so that we
can examin.

Other option I see attaching the floppy drive when we use “Run Once”, but
problem is when pointing to floppy drive while loading drivers. It says no
drivers detected.

Using Run Once is the preferred option, see
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_virtualization/4.3/html/virtual_machine_management_guide/chap-installing_windows_virtual_machines

Make sure that you attach the latest virtio-win vdf (the link I sent earlier
should be ok) and select the relevant drivers, if there is a problem then
please open a bug on virtio-win project and send me the url so I will track it,
thanks.

Please share let me know the best way to perform this action as need to deliver
the Ovirt infra to one of my customer and really stuck on this driver
installation.

Appreciate your quick response.!!

Vijay Sachdeva