The error message "/dev/sdXX has been excluded by a filter" is potentially very
misleading, because it catches all sorts of conditions.
Basically any known storage signature on the storage you may recycle (perhaps
from a previous attempt) will trigger this.
The functionality is more of a feature, it's just the message that could be
improved.
And then there is simply too many different storage allocation schemes, which
LVM tries to recognize all.
I have occasionally had to fight hard with dmsetup, because some fluke
devmapper signature was still found that lsblk -f, lvs, pvs etc. could not see.

I like to use cockpit/storage to test creating volumes before I do another run
with the HCI wizard.