On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 4:42 PM Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 7:28 PM Nathanaël Blanchet <blanc...@abes.fr>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Ondra what do you think about this question?
>> ovirt4.py may need some modifications to get required IPs/hostnames when
>> multiple vm has multiple interfaces ?
>> Personalized hack works for me but I have to modify the file each time I
>> upgrade AWX.
>> ------------------------------

[snip]

Any feedback on this and why the sync of the inventory from the GUI doesn't
> update the ansible_host variable?
> Nathanaël, can you try, if you have a dev environment, to change the
> ansible_host to another value and see if it is picked up or not?
> In the mean time I see that in my bug entry for awx the status has been
> put to need_info, but I don't know why and I have asked more info about
> it....
>
> Gianluca

I think I have found the culprit: during source inventory sync it is the
ovirt4.py of awx_task container that is executed and not the ovirt4.py of
awx_web container.
In fact creating a new inventory based on another RHV environment I got the
same problem related to ansible_host variable value.
As soon as I modify instead the
/var/lib/awx/venv/awx/lib/python3.6/site-packages/awx/plugins/inventory/ovirt4.py
on awx_task container I both get correct values (vm.fqdn) for new created
inventories and when updating existing ones.

Gianluca