Hi,

On 1/13/20 12:14 AM, m.skrzetu...@gmail.com wrote:
Hello everyone,

I just saw the list of modules at
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/tree/663f8464ee7ab2cb086857f04393e643407fba0f/lib/ansible/modules/cloud/ovirt.
 Does this mean you (oVirt devs) did not update ovirt Ansible modules since 2
years?

Anyhow, the following tasks create a VM with a 8GB instead of 500GB disk
(confirmed with lsblk and fdisk). Why is that and how do I get around it?

The original image is 8G so I think creating disk with uploaded image can't resize it in one step. When I try to upload it in UI it doesn't allow me to change the size, it just loads the original size of the image.

It could be mentioned in the documentation how it works with size and upload_image_path together.

       - name: download centos image
         get_url:
           url:
https://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/images/CentOS-7-x86_64-GenericCloud.qcow2
           dest: /data/isos/CentOS-7-x86_64-GenericCloud.qcow2

       - name: create disk for vm
         ovirt_disk:
           name: centos
           upload_image_path: /data/isos/CentOS-7-x86_64-GenericCloud.qcow2
           storage_domain: vmdata2
           size: 500GiB
           wait: true
           bootable: true
           format: cow
         when: register_centos_disks.ovirt_disks|length == 0

       - name: create vm
         ovirt_vm:
           name: dumbo
           type: server
           state: "running"
           cluster: dumbo
           high_availability: yes
           disks:
             - name: centos
           graphical_console:
             protocol: vnc
           operating_system: Linux
           nics:
             - name: nic1
               profile_name: ovirtmgmt
           memory: 8GiB
           cpu_sockets: 1
           cpu_cores: 1
           cpu_threads: 2

If I use sparse: false with the ovirt_disk module I am getting following errors.

An exception occurred during task execution. To see the full traceback, use -vvv. The error was:
Error: Fault reason is "Operation Failed". Fault detail is "[Cannot add Virtual
Disk. Disk configuration (COW Preallocated) is incompatible with the storage domain type.]".
HTTP response code is 409.
fatal: [dumbo]: FAILED! => changed=false
   msg: Fault reason is "Operation Failed". Fault detail is "[Cannot add Virtual
Disk. Disk configuration (COW Preallocated) is incompatible with the storage domain type.]".
HTTP response code is 409.

The storage domain type is data. So what is wrong with that?

Frustrated regards
Skrzetuski
Best regards,

--