On Wed, Jan 22, 2020, 17:54 Benedetto Vassallo <benedetto.vassa...@unipa.it>
wrote:

> Hello Guys,
> Here at University of Palermo (Italy) we are planning to switch from
> vmware to ovirt using the hyperconverged solution.
> Our design is a 6 nodes cluster, each node with this configuration:
>
> - 1x Dell PowerEdge R7425 server;
> - 2x AMD EPYC 7301 Processor;
> - 512GB of RAM (8x 64GB LRDIMM, 2666MT/s, Quad Rank);
> - 2x Broadcom 57412 Dual Port 10Gb SFP+ ethernet card;
> - 3x 600GB 10K RPM SAS for the OS (Raid1 + hotspare);
> - 5x 1.2TB 10K RPM SAS for the hosted storage domain (Raid5 + hotspare);

The hosted engine storage donain is small and sould run only one VM, so you
probably don't need 1.2T disks for it.

> - 11x 2.4TB 10KRPM SAS for the vm data domain (Raid6 + hotspare);
> - 4x 960GB SSD SAS for an additional SSD storage domain (Raid5 + hotspare);

Hyperconverged uses gluster, and gluster uses replication (replica 3 or
replica 2 + arbiter) so adding raid below may not be needed.

You may use the SSDs for lvm cache for the gluster setup.

I would try to ask on Gluster mailing list about this.

Sahina, what do you think?

Nir

Is this configuration supported or I have to change something?