Hi,

On Thu, January 30, 2020 10:38 am, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:

>> Quick question.  My engine is currently running 4.3.6.  My host is still
>> at 4.1.x.  I was planning (this weekend) to just yum upgrade the host
>> system to bring it up to 4.3.x.
>>
>> Is it okay for the host to be at 4.3.8 while the engine is still at
>> 4.3.6?  Or must I upgrade the engine to 4.3.8 first?
>>

> I would recommend to upgrade engine first, but host upgrade should work
> fine being engine already at 4.3.

Good to know.  I'll see if I can find the time to upgrade the engine first.

> I would recommend to use the engine for upgrading the hosts. It can use
> the
> cluster upgrade ansible role (
> https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-ansible-cluster-upgrade/blob/master/README.md)
> and save you some time.

Can't do that -- this is a single-host self-hosted system, so there is no
where to migrate the engine.  So everything needs to be done manually.  At
least that is my understanding.  And since this is a production system I'd
rather spend more time and have it work than trying something and having
it fail mid-way.  As I'm already planning significant downtime to move the
machines to a new location and re-rack them, the additional time to "yum
upgrade" shouldn't be a problem.  :)

-derek
--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       de...@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com