On January 30, 2020 4:28:38 PM GMT+02:00, Sandro Bonazzola
<sbona...@redhat.com> wrote:
>The oVirt Project is pleased to announce the availability of the oVirt
>4.3.9 First Release Candidate for testing, as of January 30th, 2020.
>
>This update is a release candidate of the nineth in a series of
>stabilization updates to the 4.3 series.
>This is pre-release software. This pre-release should not to be used in
>production.
>
>This release is available now on x86_64 architecture for:
>* Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.7 or later (but <8)
>* CentOS Linux (or similar) 7.7 or later (but <8)
>
>This release supports Hypervisor Hosts on x86_64 and ppc64le
>architectures
>for:
>* Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.7 or later (but <8)
>* CentOS Linux (or similar) 7.7 or later (but <8)
>* oVirt Node 4.3 (available for x86_64 only) has been built consuming
>CentOS 7.7 Release
>
>See the release notes [1] for known issues, new features and bugs
>fixed.
>
>Notes:
>- oVirt Appliance is already available
>- oVirt Node will be available soon
>
>Additional Resources:
>* Read more about the oVirt 4.3.9 release highlights:
>http://www.ovirt.org/release/4.3.9/
>* Get more oVirt Project updates on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ovirt
>* Check out the latest project news on the oVirt blog:
>http://www.ovirt.org/blog/
>
>[1] http://www.ovirt.org/release/4.3.9/
>[2] http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-4.3-pre/iso/

Hey Sandro,

What changes  have been done to the Cluster scheduling policies ?

I have set one of my nodes  in maintenance  , so I can take a backup of the
engine.
Sadly, after returning it back to active - no VM is automigrated to reduce the
memory usage on the other node in the cluster.
What logs should indicate why no VM balancing is happening ?

I'm using:
Scheduling  policy -> evenly_distributed
High_Utilization  -> 70
HeSparesCount -> 0
CpuOvercommitDurationMinutes -> 2
Optimize for Speed

I even tried to change to another policy and back, but no change.
Currently ovirt2 has 13  VM and 77% memory usage, while ovirt1  has 1 VM
(manually started there) and 21% memory.

Manual migration is possible.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov