From: Darrell Budic <bu...@onholyground.com>
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2020 4:58 PM
To: eev...@digitaldatatechs.com
Cc: users <users@ovirt.org>
Subject: [ovirt-users] Re: glusterfs

Hi Eric-

Glad you got thought that part. I don’t use iscsi backed volumes for my gluster
storage, so I don’t much advice for you there. I’ve cc’d the ovirt users list
back in, someone there may be able to help you futher. It’s good practice to
reply to the list and specific people when conversing here, so you might want
to watch to be sure you don’t drop the cc: in the future.

Re: the storage master, it’s not related to where the VM disks are stored. Once
you mange to get a new storage domain setup, you’ll be able to create disks on
whichever domain you want, and that is how you determine what VM disk is hooked
up to what. You can even have a VM with disks on multiple storage domains, can
be good for high performance needs. The SDM may even move around if a domain
become unavailable. You may want to check the list archives for discussion on
this, I seem to recall some in the past. You also should confirm where the
disks for your HA engine are located, they may be on your local raid disk
instead of the iscsi disks if the SDM is on a local disk…

Good luck,

  -Darrell

> On Feb 14, 2020, at 3:03 PM, <eev...@digitaldatatechs.com>
> <eev...@digitaldatatechs.com> wrote:
>
> I enabled gluster and reinstalled and all went well. I set it for distributed
> replication so I need 3 nodes. I migrated the rest of my vm's and I am
> installing the third node shortly.
> My biggest concern is getting the storage master on the lun it was previously
> set to. I get the snapshots on it so I can recover from disaster more easily.
> I need it to persistently be on the lun I designate.
> Also, I want the luns to be the gluster replication volumes but ther is no
> mount point in fstab on the machines.
> I am new to gluster as well so please be patient with me.
>
> Eric Evans
> Digital Data Services LLC.
> 304.660.9080

>>> O