From: Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 12:00 PM
To: eev...@digitaldatatechs.com
Cc: users <users@ovirt.org>
Subject: [ovirt-users] Re: paused vm's will not resume

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 6:56 AM <eev...@digitaldatatechs.com> wrote:

> I have 2 vm's, which are the most important in my world, that paused and will
> not resume. I have googled this to death but no solution. It stated a lack of
> space but none of the drives on my hosts are using more than 30% or there
> space and these 2 have ran on kvm host for several years and always had at
> least 50% free space.

Can you share the VM XML of these VMs?

The easier way is:

# virsh -r list

# virsh -r dumpxml vm-id

Also having vdsm.log from the time the vm was paused would help to understand
why the vm was paused.

For block storage, paused vms are expected to be resumed once the vm disk is
extended, or if the vm paused because storage was not accessible temporarily,
once the storage becomes accessible again.

For file based storage, we don't support yet resuming paused vms.

Nir