Hey all!

Thanks for all your input.
@Gianluca: Funny, I did those steps on my own, so I am all good to go :)
(Except for two network interfaces. But really I just dont need it.)

On 28/02/2020 09:28, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 8:11 PM Christian Reiss <em...@christian-reiss.de <mailto:em...@christian-reiss.de>> wrote:

    Hey folks,

    for a home-vm setup (1 host): If I setup the Hardware with CentOS7,
    configure Gluster et all by hand and get things up and running this way:

    Would it be a viable option to install the ovirt engine directly on the
    host as well? This would save some overhead. Or is running ovirt engine
    directly inside an ovirt host, even using CentOS (not the node)  not
    recommended and will break things?

-- with kind regards,
    mit freundlichen Gruessen,

    Christian Reiss

I recommend following this web page, that gives you the chance to have both a single oVirt Node and a single plain CentOS 7.7 host with hosted engine and gluster on itself:

https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/gluster-hyperconverged/chap-Single_node_hyperconverged.html

HIH,
Gianluca

--