On March 10, 2020 9:49:36 PM GMT+02:00, David Johnson
<djohn...@maxistechnology.com> wrote:
>Hi Strahil,
>
>My backing store is NFS backed by FreeNAS.
>
>Regards,
>David Johnson
>Director of Development, Maxis Technology
>844.696.2947 ext 702 (o)  |  479.531.3590 (c)
>djohn...@maxistechnology.com
>

>[image: Maxis Techncology] <http://www.maxistechnology.com>
>www.maxistechnology.com
>

>*stay connected <http://www.linkedin.com/in/pojoguy>*
>

>On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 1:38 PM Strahil Nikolov <hunter86...@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>
>> On March 10, 2020 8:13:56 PM GMT+02:00, David Johnson <
>> djohn...@maxistechnology.com> wrote:
>> >Good afternoon all,
>> >
>> >We are upgrading our storage backbone, moving it off of our common 1
>> >GBit
>> >backbone to a 10 dedicated storage backbone.
>> >
>> >When this happens, we will need to re-ip the storage domains with to
>IP
>> >address of the 10 GBit release.
>> >
>> >For a period of time, as we upgrade the rest of our hardware, we may
>> >have
>> >to operate both the original and the new IP addresses.
>> >
>> >*Some gotchas:*
>> >1. My controller is at level 4.3, but some of my my compute nodes
>are
>> >at
>> >level 4.2 because they have older Penryn class processors. We didn't
>> >plan
>> >the upgrade - it happened because our controller's hard drive failed
>> >and
>> >took the cluster with it.
>> >
>> >*Practical question:*
>> >
>> >1. Can I simply operate the same storage domain on two IP addresses
>on
>> >different physical networks eg.  10.10.1.x and 10.10.10.x ?
>> >
>> >2. Is an alternative solution to operate two storage domains from
>the
>> >storage appliance, and migrate the storage from the 1GBit domain to
>the
>> >10
>> >GBit domain over time, then drop/abandon the old storage domain once
>> >everything is on the 10 GBit?  I have plenty of storage to do this.
>> >
>> >3. Is there a better way I haven't thought of?
>> >
>> >Regards,
>> >David Johnson
>> >Director of Development, Maxis Technology
>> >844.696.2947 ext 702 (o)  |  479.531.3590 (c)
>> >djohn...@maxistechnology.com
>> >

>> >[image: Maxis Techncology] <http://www.maxistechnology.com>
>> >www.maxistechnology.com
>> >

>> >*stay connected <http://www.linkedin.com/in/pojoguy>*
>>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Are you using Gluster/NFS or iSCSI/CEPH  ?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Strahil Nikolov

Hi David,

I would recommend you to create an identical NFS export which you can use as a
storage domain.

Also check if FreeNAS supports copy-offload , which will allow  the migration
of the VM's disks to happen on the FreeNAS (from 1  folder  to another)
instead through the NFS client (oVirt Hypervisors).

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov