Hi,

Strahil Nikolov <hunter86...@yahoo.com> writes:

> Actually,
> You can use Ansible and 'uri' module to communicate wwith the engine
> via the API. Most probably the 'uri' module was written in python -
> but you don't have to deal with python code - just ansible.
> Also, it's worth checking the ansible Ovirt modules , as they are kept
> up to date evwn when the API endpoint changes.
>
> I think it won't be too hard to get a list of the VMs and then create
> some logic how to order them for the 'ignition'.

I took a much closer look at the examples yesterday and there are 2 of
the 3 things I need already there:

1) test_connection.py -- make sure the engine is up
2) [ get list of total and attached storage domains ]
3) start_vm.pl -- start a VM (by name, it looks like)

So really it's only #2 that is missing.  There is a show_summary.py in
there, but that doesn't give me *all* the code I need to piece together
(but I suspect it's close to what I need as I was calling the 'summary'
ovirt-shell api to get the info I needed before).  I suspect I just need
to pull apart the api.summary.storage_domains class to figure out what I
need.  Clearly there is a 'total', so I just need to figure out 'up',
and it looks like I might be able to rewrite my script.  Python... EWW.

FTR: I don't think I need to check that the datacenter status is up; I
added that in not really understanding the changes between 4.1 and 4.3.
The issue is that the storage domain status isn't initialized to 'down'
when the engine first comes up so my script was testing that and seeing
all domains up when they really weren't.

> Best Regards,
> Strahil Nikolov

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       de...@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com