On May 22, 2020 6:48:43 PM GMT+03:00, Gianluca Cecchi
<gianluca.cec...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 4:17 PM Derek Atkins <de...@ihtfp.com> wrote:
>

>> FTR: I don't think I need to check that the datacenter status is up;
>> added that in not really understanding the changes between 4.1 and
>4.3.
>> The issue is that the storage domain status isn't initialized to
>'down'
>> when the engine first comes up so my script was testing that and
>seeing
>> all domains up when they really weren't.
>>

>Actually  at least one time last week I had a situation where after a
>crash
>of a single host environment with 4.3.9 and gluster on host itself, all
>3
>gluster storage domains resulted active but actually only the engine
>rhev
>mount point was up and not the other 3 configured
>Something like this:
>/rhev/data-center/mnt/glusterSD/ovirtst.mydomai.storage:_engine
>
>While for the other 3 storage domains I only had the gluster brick
>active
>but not the filesystem mounted.
>In web admin gui all the storage domains was marked as active.... and
>as
>soon as I powered on the first VM the operation went into error of
>course
>and only at that time the 3 storage domains were marked as down...
>From the web admin gui I was able to then activate them and start VMs.
>I had no time to investigate more and so opening a bug for that...
>The problem is that in my opinion the datacenter was marked as up too,
>so
>your check would not be of great meaning.
>In my opinion you could crosscheck also storage domains number with
>expected mount points of type /rhev/data-center/mnt/...
>
>Gianluca

In order  to have a  full operational environment  you  will  need (they depend
on each other):
1.  Engine is up and healthy
2.  Master  storage domain is up
3.  Datacenter is up
4.  A host  is  selected  for SPM
5.  The storage  domains for the VM are up
6. At least one  Host in the cluster  is up and running (usually that's  the
node  in step 4)

Best Regards,
Strahil  Nikolov