On 22-5-2020 17:59, Stephen Panicho wrote:
> Hey Marcin. There aren't any logs for those services as they haven't
> been started yet. This failure happens very early in the deploy, just
> after the page where you configure the engine VM settings.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't try a redeploy on the same node because
> libvirtd is now in a bad state and can't come up at all. I now get the
> following error once we get past the Gluster Wizard and move on the
> the Hosted Engine Deploy:
> "libvirt is not running! Please ensure it is running before starting
> the wizard, so system capabilities can be queried."
>
> I'll sift through the ansible to see what it changed and report back.
> But I'd still like to get past this /etc/pki/CA/cacert.pem issue.
>
> On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 4:45 AM Marcin Sobczyk <msobc...@redhat.com
> <mailto:msobc...@redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     On 5/22/20 7:06 AM, Stephen Panicho wrote:
>>     Hi all! I'm using Cockpit to perform an HCI install, and it fails
>>     at the hosted engine deploy. Libvirtd can't restart because of a
>>     missing /etc/pki/CA/cacert.pem file.
>>
>>     The log (tasks seemingly from
>>
>> /usr/share/ansible/roles/ovirt.hosted_engine_setup/tasks/initial_clean.yml):
>>     [ INFO ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Stop libvirt service]
>>     [ INFO ] changed: [localhost]
>>     [ INFO ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Drop vdsm config
>>     statements]
>>     [ INFO ] changed: [localhost]
>>     [ INFO ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Restore initial abrt
>>     config files]
>>     [ INFO ] changed: [localhost]
>>     [ INFO ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Restart abrtd service]
>>     [ INFO ] changed: [localhost]
>>     [ INFO ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Drop libvirt sasl2
>>     configuration by vdsm]
>>     [ INFO ] changed: [localhost]
>>     [ INFO ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Stop and disable services]
>>     [ INFO ] ok: [localhost]
>>     [ INFO ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Restore initial
>>     libvirt default network configuration]
>>     [ INFO ] changed: [localhost]
>>     [ INFO ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Start libvirt]
>>     [ ERROR ] fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false,
>>     "msg": "Unable to start service libvirtd: Job for
>>     libvirtd.service failed because the control process exited with
>>     error code.\nSee \"systemctl status libvirtd.service\" and
>>     \"journalctl -xe\" for details.\n"}
>>
>>     journalctl -u libvirtd:
>>     May 22 04:33:25 node1 libvirtd[26392]: libvirt version: 5.6.0,
>>     package: 10.el8 (CBS <c...@centos.org <mailto:c...@centos.org>>,
>>     2020-02-27-01:09:46, )
>>     May 22 04:33:25 node1 libvirtd[26392]: hostname: node1
>>     May 22 04:33:25 node1 libvirtd[26392]: Cannot read CA certificate
>>     '/etc/pki/CA/cacert.pem': No such file or directory
>>     May 22 04:33:25 node1 systemd[1]: libvirtd.service: Main process
>>     exited, code=exited, status=6/NOTCONFIGURED
>>     May 22 04:33:25 node1 systemd[1]: libvirtd.service: Failed with
>>     result 'exit-code'.
> [...]
I hate it when I have to say: me too.

BUT during test week I think Simone had the same problem and did a
/usr/sbin/ovirt-hosted-engine-cleanup?? and then you can retry the deply
from the wizard.
To recapitulate: Follow the HCI cockpit wizard until you get the error
then open a terminal and cleanup and then retry the deployment. It will
succeed. Did this yesterday and it worked.
Even tried to run cleanup before starting the wizard but thats a no success.

Greetings

Joop