Hi,

On Wed, May 27, 2020 5:38 pm, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
[snip]
> But you hated Python, didn't you? ;-)

I do.  Can't stand it.  Doesn't mean I can't read it and/or write it, but
I have to hold my nose doing it.  Syntactic white space?  Eww.  But Python
is already installed and used and, apparently, supported..  And when I
looked at the examples I found that 90% of what I needed to do was already
implemented, so it turned out to be much easier than expected.

> I downloaded your files, even if I'm far from knowing python....

It's pretty much a direct translation of my bash script around
ovirt-shell.  It does have one feature that the old code didn't, which is
the ability to wait for ovirt to declare that a vm is actually "up".

> try the ansible playbook that gives you more flexibility in my opinion

I've never even installed ansible, let alone tried to use it.  I don't
need flexibility, I need the job to get done.  But I'll take a look when I
get the chance.  Thanks!

> Gianluca

-derek

PS: you (meaning whomever is "in charge" is welcome to add my script(s) to
the examples repo if you feel other people would benefit from seeing it
there.

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       de...@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com