Hi,

Strahil Nikolov <hunter86...@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi Derek,
>
> I also don't like Python (and I prefer Salt instead of Ansible), but
> Ansible is the wiser option /personal opinion/ .
> My reasons  - API change , so your  code will eventually will die.
> With Ansible - a lot of people use it and there is a high chance that
> some updates the Ansible module that will do the job even after the
> API changes.

Thank you for your input.  Turns out it's probably not an issue right
now anyways because my understanding is that there is no "live" upgrade
path from 4.3/7.x to 4.4/8.x.  My understanding is that the only upgrade
path is a re-install.  If that's the case, then I suspect it will be a
VERY long time until I upgrade, because I'm on a single-host production
system so can't stage a reinstall the same way I can stage a "yum upgrade".

> Also,  Ansible is declarative ,  while  python will need more  effort.

I guess only time will tell ;)

There wasn't a significant learning curve to python (as I've already had
experience with it, and most of what I needed to do was already in the
SDK examples).  Ansible is a tool I have never even looked at, let alone
tried to use it, so I suspect it would take me more than a couple hours
to get it working.

> Best  Regards,
> Strahil Nikolov

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       de...@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com