On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 1:05 PM <jrbdeguzma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys!
>
> How do you usually backup your hosted engine prior minor updates?
>
> I’ve tried to perform a minor update from 4.3.8 to 4.3.9 recently. I’ve used
> engine-backup before updating and for restore. However, the problem I’m
> encountering now is that, it looks like the hosted-engine settings are only
> being restored. The version is still 4.3.9 when I’m trying to revert it to
> 4.3.8.
>
> Am I missing some steps aside from engine-backup —restore? I saw on old posts
> that snapshots of hosted engine is not a recommended step before
> upgrade/update.

engine-backup --mode=restore only restores the data. If you want 4.3.8
packages, you have to install them. For rolling back packages on an
existing machine, you can usually find the relevant yum transactions
and 'yum history undo $ID' on them.

If you installed and set up e.g. 4.3.8, and take a backup, then try to
restore this backup on 4.3.9, the next engine-setup you run (which is
a required step after restore) will upgrade your database
schema/content to 4.3.9.

Hope this helps,
--
Didi