On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 5:32 PM Erez Zarum <er...@nanosek.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have created a template that the disk is a thick (raw) with a size of 15GB.
>
> I am trying to create a VM from that template but having the disk with a much
> larger size, both template and the VM are set to use thick and I create  the
> new VM with the clone option, so there’s no link between the new VM and the
> template.
>
> So far the only solution I managed to find is to adjust the size after
> creating the VM.

This looks like reasonable flow. You create the vm from a template, so
you inherit the
disk size from the template. Then you modify the disk to the required size.

> For example, this situation causes a problematic step when using
> Foreman/Satelite as trying to provision a VM based on a template but with
> different size for the OS disk.

Why is this problematic?

> I assume that one of the ways to solve it is to convert the template somehow
> into an “image”? like using OpenStack Glance as a place to store “templates”
> as images? Any other way besides using Glance?

If you always need to resize the template, why not create another
templated with the right
size based on this template?

Nir