On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 12:02 PM <ch...@chrislaw.me> wrote:

> Hi - during the last reboot all my ovn networks appeared in oVirt but
> weren't reflected on the physical host, no VMs would boot that had an OVN
> network attached.

Do you still have the ovn-controller.log from a host of this situation?

> I was looking at my logs and I can see the following -
>
> Failed to synchronize networks of Provider ovirt-provider-ovn.

Are there any more detailed hints in engine.log or ovirt-provider-ovn.log
why this failed?

> Networks of Provider ovirt-provider-ovn were successfully synchronized.

There was an issue with this host/engine where they lost connection which
> explains the Failed to Sync. The problem is it's since all been rebooted
> and it doesn't look like the ovirt-provider-ovn has tried to sync since, as
> I understand it, it should sync every 5 minutes?
>
> Is it just a case that successful syncs aren't always report in the events
> log?

The event log is rate limited, so the latest reported event about
synchronization reflects the current state.
But engine.log is verbose about the sync.

> I've checked my timing properties for sync of external providers and all
> seems correct. So now I'm worried another reboot will result in losing all
> the ovn networks I've created through oVirt again!

Let's try to understand what caused the issue.