Not sure I understand your interest for an older repo. I am still regularly
doing ovirt 4.3 installs just by not chosing the 4.4 repo, which is exclusively
CentOS 8 (while 4.3 is exclusively CentOS 7: You cannot mix).

Here is my current ovirt-4.3.repo:
[root@<host> yum.repos.d]# more ovirt-4.3.repo
[ovirt-4.3]
name=Latest oVirt 4.3 Release
#baseurl=https://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-4.3/rpm/el$releasever/
mirrorlist=https://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/mirrorlist-ovirt-4.3-el$releasever
enabled=1
skip_if_unavailable=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-ovirt-4.3

I also don't know what you mean when you say that your "engine server failed"
or that it is stand-alone:
Is it a non-HCI setup with the engine on an ordinary machine? I can't easily
imagine how an oVirt update would manage to break that.

Is it a single-node HCI setup with a management engine VM? Those are very easy
to break indeed, unless you carefully follow the "minor release upgrade guide"
in the documentation.

If you have a HCI setup where your management VM has failed during an update, I
had had such a problem myself and managed to fix it. Perhaps this helps:

My engine was very dead, because it was fenced right in the middle of an
update. The engine would start as a VM (hosted-engine --vm-start), it wasn't
paused, but it wouldn't react either. No network, no access to the console via
hosted-engine --console or via virsh console. Seemed an early boot failure, but
without the HostedEngine to get to the console...

I connected through the virsh backdoor (vdsm@ovirt/shibboleth are always good
to remember) and managed to get a snapshot from the console, which showed me a
grub boot error, because the initial ramdisk for the new kernel had not
finished building yet.

So I needed a way to get to the grub menu of the HostedEngine while it was
booting...

I managed by starting the HostedEngine in 'paused' mode (now I know why that
option is there ;-). I then gave the machine a VNC console password (another
command I never noticed before) and ran a VNC viewer against the URL that
another virsh command revealed (IP and relative port number of the console).
With the vnc viewer connected I then unpaused the VM via 'virsh resume
HostedEngine' and quickly jumped to the VNC viewer, where indeed I was able to
boot an older kernel, do a re-install of the newer one and recover the
HostedEngine VM.

Much better than slaying dragons in one of the games my kids play during
week-ends, and a huge confidence builder.

There isn't really tons of things going on in the HostedEngine VM. It is able
to survive quite a bit of mishandling and resets most of the time. Accordingly
there is a good chance there is nothing broken there, that cannot be fixed in
standard Linux ways.

Good luck!