On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 5:13 PM Michael Watters <watte...@watters.ws> wrote:

> Thanks for the response.  The issue was that I had to run engine-setup after
> running yum updates.  The rpms do not appear to do this or tell you that you
> need to run the command.  :)

Are you sure?

Updating ovirt-engine-setup should emit (among all the other
rpm/yum/dnf output, admittedly):

    Updated ovirt-engine-setup. To update the engine, you need to run:
engine-setup

That said, you should not be able to update the engine itself, only
its setup program, exactly in order to prevent the failure you faced.
We do this by adding relevant packages to yum/dnf versionlock.
If you just did 'yum update', without disabling versionlock or
something similar, then it might be a bug.

Best regards,

> On 7/10/2020 3:22 AM, Martin Perina wrote:
>

> On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 7:07 PM Strahil Nikolov via Users <users@ovirt.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> If you have access to the HE, can you check the rpm status (rpm -Va) for
>> issues.
>> Configuration files  could be changed ,  but libraries/binaries  not.
>>
>> What is the output of hosted-engine --vm-status ?I had a similar issue and
>> it was an addon in my browser (as I used profile, the situation was the same
>> on Windows and Linux :D )
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Strahil Nikolov

Didi