On Tue, 2020-07-14 at 19:10 +0300, Nir Soffer wrote:

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 5:37 PM Arsène Gschwind

<

<mailto:arsene.gschw...@unibas.ch>

arsene.gschw...@unibas.ch

> wrote:

Hi,

I running oVirt 4.3.9 with FC based storage.

I'm running several VM with 3 disks on 3 different SD. Lately we did delete a
VM Snapshot and that task failed after a while and since then the Snapshot is
inconsistent.

disk1 : Snapshot still visible in DB and on Storage using LVM commands

disk2: Snapshot still visible in DB but not on storage anymore (It seems the
merge did run correctly)

disk3: Snapshot still visible in DB but not on storage ansmore (It seems the
merge did run correctly)

When I try to delete the snapshot again it runs forever and nothing happens.

Did you try also when the vm is not running?

Yes I've tried that without success

In general the system is designed so trying again a failed merge will complete

the merge.

If the merge does complete, there may be some bug that the system cannot

handle.

Is there a way to suppress that snapshot?

Is it possible to merge disk1 with its snapshot using LVM commands and then
cleanup the Engine DB?

Yes but it is complicated. You need to understand the qcow2 chain

on storage, complete the merge manually using qemu-img commit,

update the metadata manually (even harder), then update engine db.

The best way - if the system cannot recover, is to fix the bad metadata

that cause the system to fail, and the let the system recover itself.

Which storage domain format are you using? V5? V4?

I'm using storage format V5 on FC.

Thanks.

Thanks for any hint or help.

rgds , arsene

--

Arsène Gschwind <

<mailto:arsene.gschw...@unibas.ch>

arsene.gschw...@unibas.ch

Universitaet Basel

<mailto:users@ovirt.org>

users@ovirt.org

To unsubscribe send an email to

<mailto:users-le...@ovirt.org>

users-le...@ovirt.org

Privacy Statement:

<https://www.ovirt.org/privacy-policy.html>

https://www.ovirt.org/privacy-policy.html

oVirt Code of Conduct:

<https://www.ovirt.org/community/about/community-guidelines/>

List Archives:

<https://lists.ovirt.org/archives/list/users@ovirt.org/message/5WZ6KO2LVD3ZA2JNNIHJRCXG65HO4LMZ/>

https://lists.ovirt.org/archives/list/users@ovirt.org/message/5WZ6KO2LVD3ZA2JNNIHJRCXG65HO4LMZ/

--

Arsène Gschwind
Fa. Sapify AG im Auftrag der universitaet Basel
IT Services
Klinelbergstr. 70 | CH-4056 Basel | Switzerland
Tel: +41 79 449 25 63 | http://its.unibas.ch
ITS-ServiceDesk: support-...@unibas.ch<mailto:support-...@unibas.ch> | +41 61
267 14 11