On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 6:21 PM Andrea Chierici
<andrea.chier...@cnaf.infn.it> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I think I finally understood the issue, even if I don't know how to fix it.
>
> Trying to install a new HE from a backup I get the error:
>  "The host has been set in non_operational status, please check engine logs,
> more info can be found in the engine logs, fix accordingly and re-deploy."
>
> The host, not the hosted engine. This is more clear in another log:
> Host <removed_for_privacy> is set to Non-Operational, it is missing the
> following networks: 'iscsi_net,sgsi_iscsi,sgsi_priv,sgsi_vpn'
>
> The fact is that those networks are present on the host:
> # ip addr
> <CUT>
> 26: sgsi_priv: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state
> UP group default qlen 1000
>     link/ether 90:e2:ba:63:2e:bc brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
>     inet6 fe80::92e2:baff:fe63:2ebc/64 scope link
> 28: sgsi_vpn: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state
> UP group default qlen 1000
>     link/ether 90:e2:ba:63:2e:bc brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
>     inet6 fe80::92e2:baff:fe63:2ebc/64 scope link
>        valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
>
> The other two are configured on ovirt but not configurable on bare metal
> system, indeed if I issue "ip addr" on a production host I don't see those
> nets at all: I am puzzled. The problem is definitely this one, can anyone
> provide any suggestion on how to proceed?
> Why is it complaining about sgsi_priv and sgsi_vpn that are not missing at
> all?

If you pass --restore-from-file, you should be prompted, at some
point, IMO (copying from the code, didn't test recently):

                        'Pause the execution after adding this host to the '
                        'engine?\n'
                        'You will be able to iteratively connect to '
                        'the restored engine in order to manually '
                        'review and remediate its configuration before '
                        'proceeding with the deployment:\nplease ensure that '
                        'all the datacenter hosts and storage domain are '
                        'listed as up or in maintenance mode before '
                        'proceeding.\nThis is normally not required when '
                        'restoring an up to date and coherent backup. '
                        '(@VALUES@)[@DEFAULT@]: '

Were you? If so, you can reply 'Yes', and then, later on, you should
get a message:

  - name: Pause the execution to let the user interactively reconfigure the host
      - name: Let the user connect to the bootstrap engine to manually
fix host configuration
          msg: >-
            You can now connect to {{ bootstrap_engine_url }} and
check the status of this host and
            eventually remediate it, please continue only when the
host is listed as 'up'

- name: Pause execution until {{ he_setup_lock_file.path }} is
removed, delete it once ready to proceed

At this point, the deploy process will wait until you remove this
file, before continuing.
Then, you can login to the engine admin ui, change whatever needed on
the host - including
configuring networks or whatever, until you manage to bring it 'Up'.
Then remove the file.

Good luck and best regards,

--
Didi