De: clam2...@gmail.com
Date: 16/07/20 13:40
À: users@ovirt.org
Objet: [ovirt-users] Re: oVirt Node 4.4.1.1 Cockpit Hyperconverged Gluster
deploy fails insufficient free space no matter how small the volume is set

Dear Strahil, Dominique and Edward:

I reimaged the three hosts with
ovirt-node-ng-installer-4.4.1-2020071311.el8.iso just to be sure everything was
stock (I had upgraded from v4.4) and attempted a redeploy with all suggested
changes EXCEPT replacing "package" with "dnf" --> same failure.  I then made
Strahil's recommended replacement of "package" with "dnf" and the Gluster
deployment succeeded through that section of main.yml only to fail a little
later at:

- name: Install python-yaml package for Debian systems
 package:
   name: python-yaml
   state: present
 when: ansible_distribution == "Debian" or ansible_distribution == "Ubuntu"

I found this notable given that I had not replaced "package" with "dnf" in the
prior section:

- name: Change to Install lvm tools for debian systems.
 package:
   name: thin-provisioning-tools
   state: present
 when: ansible_distribution == "Debian" or ansible_distribution == "Ubuntu"

and deployment had not failed here.  Anyhow, I deleted the two Debian
statements as I am deploying from Node (CentOS based), cleaned up, cleaned up
my drives ('dmsetup remove eui.xxx...' and 'wipefs --all --force /dev/nvme0n1
/dev/nvmeXn1 ...')  and redeployed again.  This time Gluster deployment seemed
to execute main.yml OK only to fail in a new file, vdo_create.yml:

TASK [gluster.infra/roles/backend_setup : Install VDO dependencies] ************
task path:
/etc/ansible/roles/gluster.infra/roles/backend_setup/tasks/vdo_create.yml:26
fatal: [fmov1n1.sn.dtcorp.com]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "The
Python 2 yum module is needed for this module. If you require Python 3 support
use the `dnf` Ansible module instead."}
fatal: [fmov1n3.sn.dtcorp.com]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "The
Python 2 yum module is needed for this module. If you require Python 3 support
use the `dnf` Ansible module instead."}
fatal: [fmov1n2.sn.dtcorp.com]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "The
Python 2 yum module is needed for this module. If you require Python 3 support
use the `dnf` Ansible module instead."}

Expecting that this might continue, I have been looking into the documentation
of how "package" works and if I can find a root cause for this rather than
reviewing n *.yml files and replacing "package" with "dnf" in all of them.
Thank you VERY much to Strahil for helping me!

If Strahil or anyone else has any additional troubleshooting tips, suggestions,
insight or solutions I am all ears.  I will continue to update as I progress.

Respectfully,
Charles