Hi Didi,

I don't know. We are were running the same oVirt instance since 2017 and
updated it a lot of times, including solving some bugs/problems during the
years. The user was set on the 'vm_device_history'-table and the
'disk_vm_device_history_seq' sequence. Maybe we did it ourselves, but I
couldn't find anything about it in our logs.

Since we are new here: After this problem, we ran into some other problems. Do
you want me to post an article about it, including the steps we have taken to
solve them?

We got stuck on the latest problem, and we stopped our upgrade to 4.4 for now,
but it could be related to the other thread about Storage Domains. Running the
upgrade and accessing the 4.4 GUI before continuing (you can set this option at
the beginning), we are unable to update any OVF Disks (automatically or
forced), and the active SPM host keeps resetting (also after changing it to the
new 4.4 host). It does not matter if we try to update an existing SD, the old
hosted engine domain, or add a new one (NFS or Gluster). When we ignore the
problem, the installation fails when it checks the health of the new hosted
engine domain. Restarting the old HE again, and the problem is (luckily) solved
and not permanent - so I guess it is a HE 4.4 specific problem. I analyzed the
logs but couldn't find anything that made sense (on the host, HE VM, or another
4.3 host running SPM). The error(s):

- Failed to update VMs/Templates OVF data for storage domain XX in Data Center
- Failed to update OVF disks xGUIDx, xGUIDx, OVF data isn't updated on those
OVF stores (Data Center Default, Storage domain XX)

The error disappeared on most SDs (except the old HE domain, or any new added
one) when we force an OVF update via the 4.3 GUI (before starting the upgrade).
The old HE VM was turned off (and the platform set to global maintenance)
before we started the upgrade.