The "long-winded" way is the only way I know of doing it.

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_virtualization/4.3/html/administration_guide/chap-backups_and_migration

Providing you plan in advance I don't think it's really that onerous. And it
means you have a stable system going forward...

---- On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 16:07:13 +0100 Philip  Brown <pbr...@medata.com> wrote
----

I currently have a self-hosted engine, running in a dedicated ISCSI storage
domain.
I'd like to change the backend hardware for the storage.

i think there's some longwinded and complicated method of shutting down the
engine, backup, creating a NEW one, restore, and whoknowswhat.

I was wondering though, if maybe there's a way to just add an iscsi lun to the
storage domain, and tell ovirt, "Hey, move the stuff over to that other lun"
?

Ive added the new lun already :) havent found a reference to move the files'
residence though.

If it helps, my end goal is to remove that lun completely.

--
Philip Brown| Sr. Linux System Administrator | Medata, Inc.
5 Peters Canyon Rd Suite 250