I honestly don't know, because I have not tried myself, so you might just want
to stop reading right here.

But from what I understand about the design philosophy of oVirt, it should be
ok to change it, while nobody probably ever tested it and everybody would tell
you it's a bad idea to do so, unless you're willing to rebuild from scratch.

The reason it *should* be ok is that the nodes don't care about the management
engine.
They care only about the information on the shared cluster storage.
How that gets there, who changes it: They couldn't care less.

Yet, I believe I have seen events being reported back to the management engine
via REST API calls, referring to the management engine via URIs that should
have been using FQDN only. So there is some biliateral communication going on,
mostly asynchronous as far as I can see and not using IPs.

What I can tell you, is that /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 has
NM_CONTROLLED=no inside, so nmtui won't go near it. You can change that, delete
the line, edit the config... and hopefully it will live.

And in case things go seriously wrong, you should be able to fix it with
hosted-engine --console

But, again, I never tried it myself.

But I use DHCP on two out of four farms...