On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 11:08 AM Alex K <rightkickt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 10:57 AM Yedidyah Bar David <d...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 10:47 AM Alex K <rightkickt...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> a two node cluster with self hosted engine. I have done previously upgrades
>> from 4.1 to 4.2 successfully with minor issues which where fixed.

>> have changed in the mean time, on the steps for minor and major upgrade:

>> stop global maintenance

>> https://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release4x.rpm
>> remove old repo, yum update, reboot, activate
>> to latest version 4.x.
>> disable guest disk leases or re-activate guest disks)

>> issues since the cluster is hosting production VMs.
>> >
>> > Also I am concerned about the minor release upgrade for any package
>> conflicts due to CentOS repos (I have not managed yet to simulate this in a
>> virtual environment). The hosts/nodes are CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810
>> (Core). Do I have to lock the repos to a specific centos version to avoid
>> possible issues (I am afraid CentOS upgrading to latest 7 and causing
>> dependency issues with 4.2 - I was not able to find out the latest CentOS 7
>> versino compatible with 4.2).
>>
>> You are right in that this can be a problem.
>> Generally speaking, your best bet is to find out which CentOS 7 was
>> latest when 4.3 was released (or shortly before that) - that's likely
>> the most reliable version for 4.2. Shortly after 4.3 was released, we
>> stopped checking 4.2 with newer CentOS, so things indeed might have
>> broken without anyone noticing.
>>
> OK. I will try to figure this out.

I find out the following notification email about 4.2 last release:

Q+++
The oVirt Project is pleased to announce the general availability of oVirt
4.2.8, as of January 22nd, 2019.

This update is the eighth and last in a series of stabilization updates to
the 4.2 series.

Please note that no further updates will be issued for the 4.2 series.
We encourage users to upgrade to 4.3 series when generally available to
receive new features and updates.

This release is available now for:
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 or later
* CentOS Linux (or similar) 7.6 or later

This release supports Hypervisor Hosts running:
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 or later
* CentOS Linux (or similar) 7.6 or later
* oVirt Node 4.2
+++Q

So I will try locking to latest 7.6 version and fingers crossed!