On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 11:30 AM Alex K <rightkickt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 11:51 AM Anton Louw via Users <users@ovirt.org>
> wrote:
>

>> Hi All,
>>

>> Does somebody perhaps know the process of changing the Hosted Engine IP
>> address? I see that it is possible, I am just not sure if it is a straight
>> forward process using ‘nmtui’ or editing the network config file. I have
>> also ensured that everything was configured using the FQDN.
>>
> Since the FQDN is not changing you should not have issues just updating
> your DNS then changing manually the engine IP from the ifcfg-ethx files
> then restart networking.
> What i find difficult and perhaps impossible is to change engine FQDN, as
> one will need to regenerate all certs from scratch (otherwise you will have
> issues with several services: imageio proxy, OVN, etc) and there is no such
> procedure documented/or supported.

I wonder - how/what did you search for, that led you to this conclusion? Or
perhaps you even found it explicitly written somewhere?

There actually is:

https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/administration_guide/#sect-The_oVirt_Engine_Rename_Tool

That said, it indeed was somewhat broken for some time now - some fixed
were only added quite recently, and are available only in current 4.4:

https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine/commits/master/packaging/setup/plugins/ovirt-engine-rename

I do not think I am aware of currently still-open bugs. If you find one,
please file it in bugzilla. Thanks!

> I might be able to soon test this engine IP change in a virtual
> environment and let you know.

Thanks and good luck!
--
Didi