在 2020/9/16 15:53, Yedidyah Bar David 写道:
On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 10:46 AM Adam Xu <adam...@adagene.com.cn> wrote:
在 2020/9/16 15:12, Yedidyah Bar David 写道:
On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 6:10 AM Adam Xu <adam...@adagene.com.cn> wrote:
Hi ovirt

I just try to upgrade a self-Hosted engine from 4.3.10 to 4.4.1.4.  I followed
the step in the document:

https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/upgrade_guide/#SHE_Upgrading_from_4-3

the old 4.3 env has a FC storage as engine storage domain and I have created a
new FC storage vv for the new storage domain to be used in the next steps.

I backup the old 4.3 env and prepare a total new host to restore the env.

in charter 4.4 step 8, it said:

"During the deployment you need to provide a new storage domain. The deployment
script renames the 4.3 storage domain and retains its data."

it does rename the old storage domain. but it didn't let me choose a new
storage domain during the deployment. So the new enigne just deployed in the
new host's local storage and can not move to the FC storage domain.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?
What do you mean in "deployed in the new host's local storage"?

Did deploy finish successfully?
I think it was not finished yet.
You did 'hosted-engine --deploy --restore-from-file=something', right?

Did this finish?
not finished yet.

What are the last few lines of the output?

[ INFO  ] You can now connect to https://ovirt6.ntbaobei.com:6900/ovirt-engine/ and check the status of this host and eventually remediate it, please continue only when the host is listed as 'up'

[ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : include_tasks]

[ INFO  ] ok: [localhost]
[ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Create temporary lock file]
[ INFO  ] changed: [localhost]

[ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Pause execution until /tmp/ansible.g2opa_y6_he_setup_lock is removed, delete it once ready to proceed]

but the new host which run the self-hosted engine's status is "NonOperational" and never will be "up"

Please also check/share logs from /var/log/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/*
(including subdirs).
no more errers there, just a lot of DEBUG messages.
It didn't tell me to choose a new
storage domain and just give me the new hosts fqdn as the engine's URL.
like host6.example.com:6900 .
Yes, that's temporarily, to let you access the engine VM (on the local network).

I can login use the host6.example.com:6900 and I saw the engine vm ran
in host6's /tmp dir.

HE deploy (since 4.3) first creates a VM for the engine on local
storage, then prompts you to provide the storage you want to use, and
then moves the VM disk image there.

Best regards,

Thanks

--
Adam Xu

Adam Xu
Phone: 86-512-8777-3585
Adagene (Suzhou) Limited
C14, No. 218, Xinghu Street, Suzhou Industrial Park

Adam Xu