Hi Anton,
I am not sure if changing this value would fix the issue. Defaults are
pretty high. For example vdsHeartbeatInSeconds=30seconds,
vdsTimeout=180seconds, vdsConnectionTimeout=20seconds.

Do you still have relevant logs from the affected hosts:
* /var/logs/vdsm/vdsm.log*
* /var/logs/vdsm/supervdsm.log*
Please look for any jsonrpc errors ie. write/read errors or (connection)
timeouts.  Storage related warnings/errors might also be relevant.

Plus system logs if possible:
*journalctl -f /usr/share/vdsm/vdsmd*
*journalctl  -f /usr/sbin/libvirtd*

In order to get system logs from particular time period please combine it
with the following example using -S  -U options:

*journalctl -S "2020-01-12 07:00:00" -U "2020-01-12 07:15:00"  *
I haven't a clue what to look there for besides any warnings/errors or
anything else that seems .... unusual.

Artur

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 8:09 AM Anton Louw via Users <users@ovirt.org>
wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
>

> Did some digging around, and saw a few things regarding
> “vdsHeartbeatInSeconds”
>
> I had a look at the properties file located at
> /etc/ovirt-engine/engine-config/engine-config.properties, and do not see an
> entry for “vdsHeartbeatInSeconds.type=Integer”.
>
> Seeing as these data centers are geographically split, could the
> “vdsHeartbeatInSeconds” potentially be the issue? Is it safe to increase this
> value after I add “vdsHeartbeatInSeconds.type=Integer” into my
> engine-config.properties file?
>

> Thanks
>

> *Anton Louw*
> *Cloud Engineer: Storage and Virtualization* at *Vox*
> ------------------------------
> *T:*  087 805 0000 | *D:* 087 805 1572
> *M:* N/A
> *E:* anton.l...@voxtelecom.co.za