For some OS versions , the oVirt's behavior is accurate , but for other
versions it's not accurate.
I think that it is more accurate to say that oVirt improperly calculates memory
for SLES 15/openSUSE 15.

I would open a bug at bugzilla.redhat.com .

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

В понеделник, 21 септември 2020 г., 15:15:42 Гринуич+3, KISHOR K
<smileyface....@gmail.com> написа:

Hi,

I think I already checked that.
What I meant (since beginning) was that ovirt is reporting memory usage in GUI
same way regardless of CentOS or SLES in our case.
My main question is why ovirt is reporting memory usage percentage based on
"free" memory but not actually based on "available memory", which is basically
sum of "free" and "buff/cache".
Buffer/Cache is a temporary memory and that's anyhow gets released for new
processes and applications.
That means that, ovirt should actually consider the actual available memory
left and report usage accordingly in GUI but what we see now is different
behavior.
I was very worried when I saw the memory usage as 98% and highlighted in red
for many of VMs in GUI. But, when I checked the actual used memory by VM, it's
always below 50%.

Could you clarify how can this behavior from ovirt be OS specific?

I hope I explained the issue clearly or let me know if it is still unclear.
Thanks in advance.

/Kishore