Hello,

I am planning to use (6) 1 TB disks in a hardware RAID 6 array which will
yield 4 data disks per oVirt Gluster brick.

However.
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_gluster_storage/3.5/html-single/administration_guide/index#sect-Disk_Configuration
---  states

"For RAID 6, the stripe unit size must be chosen such that the full stripe
size (stripe unit * number of data disks) is between 1 MiB and 2 MiB,
preferably in the lower end of the range. Hardware RAID controllers usually
allow stripe unit sizes that are a power of 2. For RAID 6 with 12 disks (10
data disks), the recommended stripe unit size is 128KiB"

In my case,  each  oVirt Gluster Brick would have 4 data disks which would
mean a 256K hardware RAID stripe size ( by what I see above)  to get the
full stripe size unit to above 1 MiB  ( 4 data disks X 256K Hardware RAID
stripe = 1024 K )

Could I use a smaller stripe size ex. 128K -- since most of the oVirt
virtual disk traffic will be small sharded files and a 256K stripe would
seem to me to be pretty big.for this type of data ?

Thanks For Your Help !!