Are you trying to use the same storage domain ?
I hope not, as this is not supposed to be done like that.As far as I remember -
you need fresh storage.

Best Regards,
Strahil NIkolov

В вторник, 29 септември 2020 г., 20:07:51 Гринуич+3, Sergey Kulikov
<ser...@msm.ru> написа:

Hello, I'm trying to update our hosted-engine ovirt to version 4.4 from 4.3.10
and everything goes fine until
hosted-engine --deploy tries to add new hosted_storage domain, we have NFS
storage domains, and it
fails with error:

[ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Activate storage domain]
[ ERROR ] ovirtsdk4.Error: Fault reason is "Operation Failed". Fault detail is
"[Domain format is different from master storage domain format]". HTTP response
code is 400.
[ ERROR ] fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Fault
reason is \"Operation Failed\". Fault detail is \"[Domain format is different
from master storage domain format]\". HTTP response code is 400."}

It looks like storage domains in data center should have been upgraded to V5
when DC and cluster
compatibility version was updated to 4.3, but looks like it was implemented in
ovirt 4.3.3 and this
setup was updated from 4.2 to 4.3 before 4.3.3 was released, so I ended up with
4.3 DCs and clusters
with V4 storage domain format.
Is there any way to convert V4 to V5 (there are running VMs on them) to be able
upgrade to 4.4?