From: "Sandro Bonazzola" <sbona...@redhat.com>
To: "Budur Nagaraju" <nbud...@gmail.com>
Cc: "users" <users@ovirt.org>
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2020 5:05:01 AM
Subject: [ovirt-users] Re: oVirt-node

Il giorno lun 12 ott 2020 alle ore 12:36 Budur Nagaraju < [
mailto:nbud...@gmail.com | nbud...@gmail.com ] > ha scritto:

Hi

Is there a way to deploy vms on the ovirt node without using the oVirt engine?

Hi,
if you mean:
"Can I use oVirt Node for running VMs without using oVirt Engine?"
then yes, you can.

oVirt Node is a CentOS Linux derivative and as such you can use virt-manager
from your laptop to connect to it and manage VMs there as if it was a normal
CentOS.
You can also use cockpit for creating local VMs.

If you mean:
"Can I create VMs from oVirt Node and also manage them from the engine?"
the short answer is no.
The long answer is: you can still try using cockpit-machines-ovirt [
https://cockpit-project.org/guide/172/feature-ovirtvirtualmachines.html |
https://cockpit-project.org/guide/172/feature-ovirtvirtualmachines.html ]
which was deprecated in oVIrt 4.3 and removed in 4.4.
Or run VMs on oVirt Node and try to make them visible to engine using KVM
provider [
https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/administration_guide/#Adding_KVM_as_an_External_Provider

https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/administration_guide/#Adding_KVM_as_an_External_Provider
 ]
But I wouldn't recommend using these flows.

--

Sandro Bonazzola

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA R&D RHV

[ https://www.redhat.com/ | Red Hat EMEA ]

[ mailto:sbona...@redhat.com | sbona...@redhat.com ]
[ https://www.redhat.com/ ]
Red Hat respects your work life balance. Therefore there is no need to answer
this email out of your office hours.
[ https://www.redhat.com/it/forums/emea/italy-track ]