Imagine you got a host with 60 Spinning Disks -> I would recommend you to split
it to 10/12 disk groups and these groups will represent several bricks (6/5).

Keep in mind that when you start using many (some articles state hundreds , but
no exact number was given) bricks , you should consider brick multiplexing
(cluster.brick-multiplex).

So, you can use as many bricks you want , but each brick requires cpu time
(separate thread) , tcp port number and memory.

In my setup I use multiple bricks in order to spread the load via LACP over
several small (1GBE) NICs.

The only "limitation" is to have your data on separate hosts , so when you
create the volume it is extremely advisable that you follow this model:

hostA:/path/to/brick
hostB:/path/to/brick
hostC:/path/to/brick
hostA:/path/to/brick2
hostB:/path/to/brick2
hostC:/path/to/brick2

In JBOD mode, Red Hat support only 'replica 3' volumes - just to keep that in
mind.

From my perspective , JBOD is suitable for NVMEs/SSDs while spinning disks
should be in a raid of some type (maybe RAID10 for perf).

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

В сряда, 14 октомври 2020 г., 06:34:17 Гринуич+3, C Williams
<cwilliams3...@gmail.com> написа:

Hello,

I am getting some questions from others on my team.

I have some hosts that could provide up to 6 JBOD disks for oVirt data (not
arbiter) bricks

Would this be workable / advisable ?  I'm under the impression there should not
be more than 1 data brick per HCI host .

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank You For Your Help !