Are the VM's disks located on the distributed Volume ?

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

В вторник, 27 октомври 2020 г., 17:21:49 Гринуич+2, supo...@logicworks.pt
<supo...@logicworks.pt> написа:

The engine version is 4.3.9.4-1.el7
I have 2 simple glusterfs, a volume with one brick gfs1 with an old version of
gluster (3.7.6) and a volume with one brick gfs2 with version 6.8
2 hosts, node3 is up to date, node 2 is not up to date:
RHEL - 7 – 7.1908.0.el7.centos
CentOS Linux 7 (Core)
3.10.0 – 1062.18.1.el7.x86_64
2.12.0 – 33.1.el7_7.4
libvirt-4.5.0-23.el7_7.6
vdsm-4.30.43-1.el7
0.14.0 – 7.el7
glusterfs-6.8-1.el7
librbd1-10.2.5-4.el7
openvswitch-2.11.0-4.el7

gfs1 has 3 nic's gigabit in mode 802.3ad
gfs2 has 4 nic's gigabit in mode 802.3ad

A VM performes better in node3/gfs1:

# dd if=/dev/zero of=test1.img bs=1G count=1 oflag=dsync  1+0 registos dentro
1+0 registos fora 1073741824 bytes (1,1 GB) copiados, 12,3365 s, 87,0 MB/s
in node2/gfs2:

dd if=/dev/zero of=test1.img bs=1G count=1 oflag=dsync  1+0 records in 1+0
records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 51.0159 s, 21.0 MB/s

For windows machine is the same. It helps if you have windows drives up to date.